If you are experiencing problems with Identifier, occasionally the support team may ask you to turn on debug logging. To enable debug logging it is necessary to add following value to the registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Digital Barriers\SmartVis Identifier to CreateLogLevel=dword:00000001.
Two scripts have been prepared which allow you to easily turn the debug logging on and off. Simply download and run them. You will need to re-start Identifier for the change to take effect.
If you prefer you can also do this manually by following the instructions below.
- Stop Identifier.
- Start regedit as Administrator.
- Navigate to and select HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Digital Barriers\SmartVis Identifier.
- Right click on SmartVis Identifier -> New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Enter name for the key CreateLogLevel.
- Double click on the key and change value to 1.
- Restart Identifier and debug logs will be generated.
- You can retrieve the logs by clicking on the Setttings tab and selecting the 'Show Logs' button. This will open the logs in Notepad.
- You can verify that debug logs are turned on by looking for (debug) sections in the log file.
- Please save this file and e-mail it Digital Barriers support.
Note. This is good for debugging only and should be turned off for general operation. To disable logging either delete the key or set the value to 0.